[RE-wrenches] Uni-Solar, Kaneka.now Panasonic?

Solar dahlsolar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:44:12 PDT 2014

Can anyone point to data that compares module construction and it's ability to dissipate heat?

I've installed many silicon energy (glass on glass) modules and when doing so in the summer it's been hard to touch them due to the glass being so hot.  The other manufacturer here in MN (TenK) uses an aluminum back and they claim this dissipates heat better them typical module construction.

For a test last summer I installed a few silicon energy modules with Tigos. I never saw their 190W module produce over 154W (tilt of 35 degrees, straight south) not exactly scientific, but thought the glass on glass construction might be at work.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone