[RE-wrenches] Autocad

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Mar 12 16:16:44 PDT 2014

Unless there is a compelling reason to use AutoCAD, like interoperability
with other trades and professions, consider Sketchup Pro and Layout from
Trimble. $500.

I learned it over a weekend, and with the Instant Roof Pro plugin ($39) I
was making convincing and accurate renderings in almost no time. Note:
Instant Roof, a necessary plugin for roof modeling, has not been updated
for Sketchup 2014, so download 2013 for now. The author is working on it.

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar