[RE-wrenches] Project management tool

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 07:18:27 PST 2014

The term Project Management can be applied to a wide range of tools and
methodology. If your needs are only to track tasks, I would use Wunderlist
as it can be installed on every device and lists can be shared.
If you want a real PM tool, Microsoft Project is the midrange tool of
choice. There are a ton of industry specific platforms that you could use
but they are mainly for large enterprises.

The problem with PM software is you need time to design and administrate
the data. In a lot of projects there is a dedicated person who coordinates
all the contractor and subcontractor tasks. It is a full time job. I would
be careful about launching into a PM tool that you are not familiar with
while already overwhelmed. It will suck up a load of your time and return
you very little gain in efficiency.
If you have a number of people to coordinate and you think PM software to
be the best way, hire a consultant to select and implement the application.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Advanced Energy Solutions <
tech at aessolar.com> wrote:

> Good day,
> I have the excitement of having many installations but at 12 ( and 2 of
> them 100kw) and more coming I am looking for a way to better manage
> projects.
>
> Do you have a program you would recommend for helping me manage projects?
> I am getting overwhelmed.
>
> --
> Stay Energized, PEACE>
> Aur J Beck,
> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer(tm) 032611-24
> NABCEP Certified PV Technical Sales(tm) PVTS032412-6
> chief tech of Energy Network (Green Geek Squad*(tm) *)
> Advanced Energy Solutions Group, Inc
> (618) 893-1717(618) 893-1717 | (800) 229-0453(800) 229-0453  |
> www.AESsolar.com <http://www.aessolar.com/> | tech at AESsolar.com<tech at aessolar.com>
>
> We Empower YOU to Get Energized!
>
> Be an Energy Patriot
>
> Living on Earth is Expensive, but it does include a FREE trip around the
> Sun!
>
> Oil Addicts Anonymous International (a real 12 step program)
> www.IamanOilAddict.org <http://www.iamanoiladdict.org/>
>
> This communication is the property of Advanced Energy Solutions Group, Inc
> and is intended only for use by the recipient identified. If you have
> received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender
> and delete the original communication. Any use of this message without the
> Advanced Energy Solutions Group, Inc's consent is prohibited.
> ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>  Call
> Send SMS
> Add to Skype
> You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype