[RE-wrenches] Bergey Excel 1 wind generator issues

Chris Daum chris at OasisMontana.com
Thu Feb 20 07:47:55 PST 2014

Folks:

While I am sure the Clipper would be the fix now, I would've really
appreciated knowing that at the onset instead of having Bergey tell me (in a
very slow fashion) that my customer's site must be too harsh, too much
turbulence, or perhaps the bird's not furling as it should.  It rather seems
like their current set-up without the Clipper really isn't ready for prime
time.

Actually it's a great site, clean direct wind, no upslope turbulence, the
XL-1 furls as it should, and it worked great for two months before it burnt
up the first controller.  Other XL-1s in the area (with the old 24V
controller) work fine.  So I am trying to find a fix for my customer without
having to spend ~$1200.  That is the current (no pun intended) delimma.

--Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.

  _____