[RE-wrenches] California State Fire Marshal's "Solar Photovoltaic Installation Guidelines"

William Korthof wkorthof at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 10:50:33 PST 2014

Bill,

Thanks for the attached info. I don't see where the fire rating class of solar modules is addressed though...

In the IBC, the specific section (I believe 902.4 or close to that) seems to call for solar modules to carry the same fire rating class as the roofing class required of the building. At least that's the interpretation I initially got from my local building and safety office. They've been sitting on my plans for two weeks so far. When they turn them around, I may have more to talk about.

/wk

William Korthof
714.875.3576
Sustainable Solutions