[RE-wrenches] NEC 2014 690.12 Rapid Shutdown

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Tue Jan 21 14:11:08 PST 2014

Drake,

The language in 690.12 is the compromise solution that was reached to ensure continued industry stability. The alternative to the combiner-level shutdown was module-level shutdown. It took a consolidated industry effort to push the module-level requirements out one more Code cycle—for the exact reasons that you touch on below.

Not sure if this link has been published on the Wrenches list or not, but it provides some background on the topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUXShMZJorQ

David Brearley
Senior Technical Editor, SolarPro magazine
david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Direct: 541.261.6545