[RE-wrenches] Outback 200 RE

Tom Duffy Tom at thesolar.biz
Sun Jan 19 17:12:17 PST 2014

Hi Chris

For an off grid system a 200AH 12 volt battery is rather small without resorting to parallel strings.

Three strings is only 600AH which is still on the small side, so one might ask why the 8K inverter?

The OutBack cabinet is fine for a back-up grid-tied system, not really a full off grid house

Without starting a big discussion, I would stick to a single series string sized to the load for three days autonomy.

200AH is usually a rather small weekend cabin and 600AH would be a smaller medium sized house.

Kind regards

Tom Duffy
Senior Solar Design Engineer
[Real-logo-X-195]
E-Mail: tom at thesolar.biz
Panama Office: 507-6126-1253
Direct Toll Free: 888-503-6772
International: 575-539-2111
SKYPE Address: thesolarbiz
Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
 Confidentiality Notice: This message including any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete any copies of this message.