[RE-wrenches] common ground on fm80 aux output?

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 10:45:02 PST 2014

hi wrenches,

I am installing some load controls for a client who has a FM80 controller. I don't have experience with this product. It has a 12V aux output that I wish to drive an SSR but the wiring is complicated by the fact that this SSR also needs a power supply as well as a control signal. I want to use 24V nominal system battery for the SSR power and AUX for the signal. Can I connect the grounds together?

Additional info. I am using a phase control SSR driven by a 0-10 volt signal to control an AC load with phase angle shift control. I plan to put an RC filter that converts the PWM output of the AUX from the CC to give an analog voltage output that determines the loading of the inverter. Crydom MCPC2450

thanks for any help before I go on site next week
Hugh