[RE-wrenches] update on micro-inverter reliability

Daniel Young dyoung at dovetailsolar.com
Mon Nov 24 08:16:15 PST 2014

Hello Wrenches,

I've been looking at the list, and it seems it's been over a year since
there was any detailed discussion on the reliability of Enphase/other
micro-inverters. With the 2014NEC finally rolling out in my state, I wanted
to re-evaluate them as an option. We have several M190 installs that have
bad failure rates (one job is having all the 190's replaced with 215's on
Enphases dime) but we really have too few 215's and 250's out there to be
able to form an opinion.

A year ago I kept seeing anecdotal evidence the 215's and 250's are MUCH
more reliable, but I'm looking for REAL data if it's available. Anyone have
access to warranty claims by enphase on a per product basis? Or better yet,
failure rate vs service life of the units, now that the newer generation of
inverters have a decent install base and kind of relevant in service time?

With Regards,

Daniel Young,

NABCEP Certified PV Installation ProfessionalTM: Cert #031508-90

NABCEP Certified Solar Heating InstallerTM: Cert #SH031409-13

Lead Systems Designer for:

Dovetail 2013 cmyk 300dpi.jpg

 <http://www.dovetailsolar.com> www.dovetailsolar.com

Ph: 740-274-0139

We've completed nearly 400 renewable energy projects!  Check out a few in
our photo gallery:
<http://www.dovetailsolar.com/Our-Work.aspx?path=commercial+-+solar+electric

http://www.dovetailsolar.com/Our-Work.aspx?path=commercial+-+solar+electric

This email message and attachments are intended only for the addressee.  It
may contain information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you
may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this message and/or the
information contained in the message.  If you have received this message in
error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete this message
along with any attachments.  Unauthorized interception of this email is a
violation of criminal laws and laws covering electronic communications
privacy matters.