[RE-wrenches] Passive Battery Venting

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Oct 28 15:28:37 PDT 2014

Hello Wrenches,

A client wants to use a passive battery venting method with a heat
exchanger to the outside for his bank of Full River AGM batteries.
Below is a link to one site that recommends this method. Has anyone
used this method?

  <http://www.bdbatteries.com/hydrogenventing.php>http://www.bdbatteries.com/hydrogenventing.php

My main concern for about the batteries is that they not get cold and
lose capacity during the short days when storage is most needed.

He would also like to connect the terminals inside the box to a pass
through jumper http://www.bdbatteries.com/lugs.php?id=269 and then
run the cables, without conduit, to the inverter. As far as I know,
conduit is always required on the battery cables even if fuses are
used in the battery box. Has anything changed?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC