[RE-wrenches] S Facing Mods on E - W slopes

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Sep 23 07:05:10 PDT 2014

Hello Wrenches,

We have an installation where we are putting modules on the east and
west slopes of a south facing roof. The roof slopes are 18 degrees.
The tops and bottoms of the modules will follow the slope of the roof.

There will be 3 rows of modules. I have heard that the shading is
different in this scenario, that the shadows will be triangular and
perhaps longer. How can the shading be calculated with this
arrangement?  Is there a rule of thumb to follow other than the
normal of three times the height difference?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC