[RE-wrenches] Decking only flashed attachment?

Lars Ortegren lars at cal-solar.com
Mon Sep 15 13:20:38 PDT 2014

Wrenches,
I have a customer who has a system attached on a SIPS panel home, and I
need to find a solution to fix the never ending leak. For those of you that
are not familiar with SIPS, its structural OSB panels with foam in-between.
We first did the install six years ago using 20' sticks of unistrut running
vertically up the roof to catch the purlins every twelve feet. This method
hasnt held up over time. Im wondering if anyone out there has had a good
experience using any "decking direct" attachments that dont require an
attachment to a structural member. We have tried the Sunpower "smart mount"
(hated it) but Im looking for the right attachment that will work with
Unirak and give him a flashed penetration to add to the roof that we will
undoubtedly pay for. Any advise?

--

*Lars Örtegren*

[image: California Solar Electric Company]
<http://www.californiasolarco.com/>

PO Box 480/149 E.Main St
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Phone : (530)274-3671 Fax: (530)274-7518
*California C-10 Electrical Contractor #779624*

ATTENTION
This E-mail may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for the use
of the Individual(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this E-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or
copying this E-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
E-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at
* (530)274-3671* or E-mail l <http://spratt@nabcep.org/>ars at cal-solar.com or
contact at cal-solar.com.

<https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaSolarElectric>
<http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-solar-electric-company-grass-valley>