[RE-wrenches] PV panel backing

Ron Young solareagle at solareagle.com
Sun Aug 31 04:32:49 PDT 2014

Hello Wrenches,
I have an installation of 165w PV on a pole mount that was exposed to a fire from the rear when the customers shop burned. 6 of the 10 panels survived with only replacement of the MC4 plugs required but one of the panels that is still functioning had the rear coating melted off. The cells and electrical grid still function. Can anyone recommend a replacement coating that may salvage this panel for a few more years. I know if left exposed it will soon deteriorate but am wondering if some kind of commonly available non conductive rubberized or latex type of coating might do the job?

Ron Young