[RE-wrenches] Multi-Plane Modeling

Corey Shalanski cshalanski at joule-energy.com
Tue Aug 5 10:58:04 PDT 2014

Wrenches,

We are wondering about the effects of installing a dual plane system
(East-West being the worst case scenario) on a single MPPT inverter versus
one with dual MPPT. Does anyone know of a modeling tool that allows for
this? Does anyone have any actual production data that might offer a sense
of how much less energy production to expect with a single MPPT?

We are also wondering about the impact of adding optimizers to a
multi-plane roof system. Many of our competitors are currently marketing
optimizers as "the next best thing", and so we would like to be able to
either recommend or discourage optimizers based on some solid ground. How
do others make the decision about whether or not to include optimizers on a
project?

--
Corey Shalanski
Joule Energy