[RE-wrenches] Supply Side Interconnection - CT Cabinet

Corey Shalanski cshalanski at joule-energy.com
Thu Jul 10 13:39:53 PDT 2014

Wrenches,

One of our customers has a utility meter CT cabinet ahead of his main
disconnect - please see attached image.

I have never seen this arrangement and would be interested if anyone can
explain why the conductors are run in this fashion: I assume the insulated
taps are for voltage reference purposes or to power the meter? I also
assume the large donut is the CT? Are the conductors run criss-crossed due
to they're being 180 out of phase?

We are more particularly interested in the correct location to make a
supply side interconnection in order to ensure that all PV energy is
properly metered (our utility installs net meters in place of the
customer's original meter). Assuming that our AHJ approves of an
interconnection inside the CT cabinet, where would we splice into the
service conductors: load side of the CT?

--
Corey Shalanski
Joule Energy