[RE-wrenches] Sealants versus flashings

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Sat Apr 19 15:37:05 PDT 2014

Geocell 2300 is not a polyurethane sealant as far as I can determine and as I suggested ( read the label ) is compatible with asphalt shingles , it is a tripolymer but not a polyurethane . It is definitely better than silicones and Sikaflex . I have never found a polyurethane listed as compatible with asphaltic materials . All sealants should obviously be listed as compatible for the materials they are use on , have good UV resistance , and stay flexible or elastomeric from -40F to 200F . If your sealant meets those Four criteria then use it with confidence .

Sent from my iPad