[RE-wrenches] Enphase monitoring picking up other systems

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Mon Apr 14 09:08:24 PDT 2014

Wrenches,
I'm sure i read a thread on this list about dealing with this, i've
searched but cannot find it.  If anyone recalls the subject line, please
let me know.

We are dealing with setting up Enphase monitoring in neighborhoods with
other Enphase systems nearby and these 'other' systems are being picked up
by the EMU.

A few weeks ago we finished a 14 module (3.5kW) install and i plugged in
the EMU to search for the inverters.  As it was picking up the first few
inverters, it was showing several hundred kWh already produced???  Not bad
for a 14 module system being in operation for 10 min!!!  (yes the inverters
were new, out of the box)

After 30-40 min, the EMU had picked up 28 inverters in total.  There were
14 on the system we had just installed, and 14 on a house across the street
that we had installed back in Nov'13.  I'm pretty sure it had picked up the
14 across the street before picking up the ones we just installed.
Funny that we can sometimes have communication issues btwn the inverters
and EMU in some houses, and here we have EMU's picking up inverters across
the street!?!

Anywho... has anyone dealt with this and streamlined a process with Enphase
to remedy this issue?

Cheers,
Benn