[RE-wrenches] Zomeworks Cool Cell

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Mar 28 15:14:26 PDT 2014

Wrenches,

Have any of you used the Zomeworks Cool Cell battery enclosures? I would like to hear about their effectiveness, especially if you have used them in a very hot, dry climate.  What maintenance is required? Zomeworks says on their website that one location kept the battery/equipment 41° below ambient.

The customers site is a remote desert location with ambients up to 118°. The only access is by helicopter so I want to compare the total cost verses replacing batteries more frequently. I have built a few remote power systems here in the desert with Hoffman boxes and added some shading on sides and tops (pic). I used Sun Xtenders in these and they are still performing after 7.

Thank you,

Larry Crutcher