[RE-wrenches] Two systems on one building with separate services

Nathan Charles ncharles at paradiseenergysolutions.com
Fri Mar 14 12:05:22 PDT 2014

Hi Wrenches,

I've got an issue that's got me stumped and I was hoping somebody could
give me some suggestions.

We have a customer who has two meters, one on the house and one on a
workshop.  The workshop is heavily shaded and it's zoned residential so
meter aggregation isn't a possibility.   The customer is hoping to put two
separate PV systems on the house one for each meter with the inverters
mounted in the garage.  It seems like that sets me afoul of the intentions
of 230.2 Number of services, but if I remote one set of inverters and run
DC I'm not quite sure how to think through the disconnecting requirements.

Any advice or suggestions on if or how this might be possible?

--
Nathan Charles
Engineer