[RE-wrenches] NEC Plus

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:55:40 PST 2014

Wrenches - After being unable to log into my favorite NEC research tool, I
just found this on the Mike Holt Forum:

"NFPA has decided to stop offering NECPlus yearly subscriptions, because
the 2014 NEC will not be going into NECPlus. The last day of access to
NECPlus will be on February 28, 2014.

There will be no subscription replacement product, however there will be an
enhanced eBook product for the 2014 NEC - with changes (from the 2011 NEC)
identified. This will be a one-time purchase product (not a subscription).
The 2014 NEC enhanced eBook will provide our customers with more mobility
(via use on tablets and smartphones) and it will include features such as
bookmarking, user notes, and highlighting options.

*"NEC Connect"* is our new online resource and community for all things
related to the National Electrical Code. Learn about the latest in
electrical safety, wiring, guidelines, and equipment, along with upcoming
electrical code updates, tips and the latest social updates from the NFPA.
NEC Connect is your one-stop shop for residential and industrial electrical
safety, whether you are an installer, designer, inspector or policy maker.
Join fellow contractors and engineers, and sample the latest video content,
articles and more from industry experts."

Does anyone have any experience with this eBook?

RIP NECPlus.  FYI, though the NFPA never really advertised it they did
develop a PV-specific NEC app product called PV-NEC <http://pvnec.org>.  It
contains inspection and installation checklists (Based on NABCEP and Bill
Brooks documentation), lookup table tools, a project management function,
and 2 versions each of the 2008 and 2011 NEC - a full version and a
PV-specific version.  They were going to roll it out at SPI 2013 but
changed their mind.  They were also going to update it to 2014 but
unfortunately changed their mind on that as well...

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66

Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

 <%28202%29%20486-7507>

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough