[RE-wrenches] garage door opener interference with enphase

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 05:50:48 PST 2014

Hello wrenches,

I have an issue that I am having a hard time figuring out.  I have a
pending service ticket with enphase but I figured I'd throw it out to all
your experience.

We have an enphase array mounted on a garage.  When the array is on (AC
disconnect on) the garage door opener doesn't work at any acceptable range.
 It works fine when the AC disconnect is off.  I have installed two toroids
on each circuit.  I have moved these toroids around the circuits and it
doesn't seem to help.  I have moved the garage door breaker to the opposite
end of the service panel but it didn't seem to help

I am starting to wonder if the interference is radiative as opposed to
traveling through the power lines.  Has anyone had any issues like this?
 Were you able to find a solution?  I'm not sure how to deal with EM
interference, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

--

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*