[RE-wrenches] Heart Interface Idle Draw

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Dec 10 08:25:35 PST 2013

Brian, We often have customers that don't want to loose programming for their satellite receiver. To reduce tare loss and the parasitic drain on a large inverter, we install a 100 Watt dedicated inverter, about $20, to keep the sat receiver going 24/7. We do the same thing for small refrigerators.

William, As for 28 year old batteries, I MUST know more. How did you verify the age? What make/model? Not knowing the history, I would not trust SG readings to determine condition. I have heard and seen all kinds of strange things done to batteries including dumping out old electrolyte and refilling, adding acids, salt water, aspirin, other chemicals and so on.

Please tell us more.

Larry