[RE-wrenches] Replacing MC connectors…Warranty (was Microinverters with S-5-PV)

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Nov 26 12:51:00 PST 2013

Jason,

There's probably something akin to Magnuson-Moss warranty law that prevents them from voiding the warranty unless they have evidence that your "modification" caused the failure. I change and even remove connectors all the time (only when I am working with under 50 volts and in a mobile environment). Also, we are still doing Kyocera warranty replacements for the KC-120 modules. I have seen some pretty trashed modules come in but Kyocera still replaces them without question.

Larry