[RE-wrenches] PV Wiring methods

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Nov 14 17:41:35 PST 2013

I'm ordering the Jason's PV wire clips.  Vinyl coated metal will outlast
any plastic sip, and they clip into the slot on the rails: much cleaner
than a zip tie all the way around the rail.  It doesn't cure all our
wire management issues, but it looks like it will solve some of it.  In
combination with the SS clips that secure wire to the module frames, and
Kirpal's vinyl coated SS cable ties, at least we have an array of
products that (theoretically) will last as long as the modules.   I'd
still like to see William's dream of wires protected from the module to
the combiner.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician
Solar Design Engineer
303 505-8760

On 11/14/2013 5:39 PM, Bill Loesch wrote:
>> That said [PV WireClips], wire management is often a matter of strong
>> opinion, and we are
>> far from standardization and an accepted set of best practices.
>>
>> Jason Szumlanski
>>
>> Fafco Solar
>
> Jason,
>
> Can your wire management procedures equal the 20, 25, or 30 year
> warranty your modules offer? I hope so, and I hope your client is
> expecting the installation to last as long as the modules.
>
> If the standardization is late in coming, establish your own best
> practices. This forum offers a leg up on those folks who do not keep
> current and similarly, those willing to do only what the status quo
> requires.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Bill Loesch
> Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
>

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Jason Szumlanski wrote:
>
>> I know we've had this discussion before, but I wanted to again recommend
>> the WireClips from PV Racking. We are using them on Enphase trunk lines,
>> and find them to be great for this purpose. At $0.25 each, they are cost
>> effective.
>>
>> That said, wire management is often a matter of strong opinion, and
>> we are
>> far from standardization and an accepted set of best practices.
>>
>> Jason Szumlanski
>>
>> Fafco Solar
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Kirpal Khalsa <solarworks at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> August....thank you....you are right they are actually a Heyco
>>> product....my bad!!!  Ray, we recently got them thru
>>> http://www.heilind.com/products/heyco/Heyco_solar.asp
>>>
>>> Ray...Contact me off list and i will share my sales persons contact
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Sunny Regards,
>>> Kirpal Khalsa
>>> NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional
>>> Renewable Energy Systems
>>> www.oregonsolarworks.com
>>> 541-218-0201 m