[RE-wrenches] smaller 3-phase commercial inverters

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 02:27:16 PDT 2013

Probably because these small three phase inverters are adapted European
designs. In Europe, three phase 415 is normal. The Tripowers have an upper
voltage range of 480V so adapting them to the US is pretty easy. To adapt
to 208, all the power boards, terminals, and cabling would need to be twice
the size, so a total redesign is required. I suspect that the larger
Tripowers could never be 208V because of the currents.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM, Marco Mangelsdorf <marco at pvthawaii.com>wrote:

> Yeah, lots more choices out there in the 10+ to 30 kW range….but pretty
> much all of the larger capacity models only come at 480V.****
>
> ** **
>
> Anyone know why?  We have way more 120/208V applications here in Hawaii
> than 277/480.****
>
> ** **
>
> marco****
>
> ** **
>
> Chris Mason wrote:****
>
> ** **
>
> >SMA just came out with their Sunny Tripower line for the US. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Yes those are interesting. But they are only for 480 Wye, not 240
> Delta.....****
>
> Is the Fronius 11.4-3 the only 3-phase inverter that can work with 240
> 3-phase with a hi-leg (stinger)?****

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Change email address & settings:

> List rules & etiquette: