[RE-wrenches] Trace 2548 intermittent power problem

Steve Higgins steve at surrette.com
Thu Oct 17 11:18:11 PDT 2013

Could be a couple of things...

Yes, this sounds like an SW4048... Not a 2548.  A 2548 is black only weighs about 60 pounds and doesn't do auto gen start or gen support.

Is this a white unit with a green stripe that 2.5 feet long and about 20 inches tall?  Right?

Does it have a Red or black handled breaker on the right hand side?  If so then it's a 5548 not a 4048, that really the only difference between the two other than firmware code.

Easy Fix...
I would check is the what mode the inverter is in.   On the main screen it should be set to on... If it's set to search then it will only turn on when it sees the "right" amount of power.   If in search mode move the cursor to under the on mode, or adjust the search mode sensitivity lower.

Hard Fix...
It could be a dead or dying relay with bad contacts.   If it's this than I only know of a couple of places you can get it fixed.    Off the top of my head, Tekris Power Electronics in New Jersey, or Inverter Sales and Service from Tennessee.

Hope this helps.

Steve Higgins
Technical Services Manager
M: +1.206.790.5840