[RE-wrenches] Point of connection question

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Oct 9 16:06:08 PDT 2013

Ray and August:

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I did confuse M250s with the M215s.  The
actual inverters to be used are the M215s.

I swear I had a spec sheet for the M190 that showed 0.75 A but I can't find
it anymore.  So using 0.8A:

9 * 0.8A = 7.2A

10 * .9A = 9.0A

Total = 16.2

De-rate: 16.2*1.25 = 20.25.

Maybe that will fly.

The other question is:  I don't have to use the value of the three breakers
in the Solar load center to calculate my POC in the M/M/C?  The code says:
The sum of the ampere ratings of overcurrent devices feeding a busbar or
conductor shall not exceed 120% of the rating of the busbar or conductor.  I
am assuming I don't have to add the two 15s and the 20 and use that in
figuring the back feed to the M/M/C since the M/MC is fed by a 20.

Thanks so much for your help.  I am going to send this on to the lead
inspector for the County.  I am fortunate that he has always been willing to
review these problems and flexible where appropriate, at least in my view.

Sincerely,

William Miller

PS:  I update the drawing.

Wm