[RE-wrenches] question about pole mount interconnection

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Tue Oct 8 22:47:09 PDT 2013

Hi Kirpal,

We do go to Sch 80 PVC into the concrete to a rigid steel (RMC) sweep 90,
then up the pole with the RMC to the disco. We run  Sch 40 PVC underground,
unless we are going under a road or through a lot of rock, then it's back to
the Sch 80. We also run a #4 bare solid copper next to the conduit, more
earth contact the better, it is nice to set the ground rod in the vault too.
Then you tie off to it with future arrays also, easily.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503