[RE-wrenches] question about pole mount interconnection

RM You solareagle at solareagle.com
Tue Oct 8 18:50:57 PDT 2013

I use Teck a lot in my off-grid installations and I agree it is very cost effective and safe. It was originally designed for mining application and can even lay on top of the ground with vehicle traffic if necessary although I wouldn't recommend it as a practice. Two to three feet of supported Teck 90 between pole mounts is easily as safe as Teck 90 or conduited wire running down a pole then up the next and down, then up the next. I can think of scenarios where idiots could find a way to defeat either practice and electrocute themselves (William) but maybe that's just Darwin coming to the rescue.

I'm still weighing the pros & cons but it's been a useful discussion for the most part, I respect and value the depth of knowledge here as being a small operator I don't get the opportunity to get nearly the experience represented. Thank you all!

Ron Young