[RE-wrenches] Kohler 20kW (Generator automatic disconnect)

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Oct 2 09:11:57 PDT 2013

I have had 20kw, 30 kw, and 40 kw units in the field for years.  The
warranty issue must be a newer thing.  These are water cooled, 1800 rpm
units so I don't see what the issue is.  All the units you listed are on
the small side.
So if an oil company deploys one of these remotely, is Kohler going to
tell them its not warrantied because its off grid?
Possibly the warranty has to do with long travel times to repair on top
of the high power draw?
We need larger generators on occasion for bigger systems.  I'd say even
the 14Kw would be undersized for your project.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician