[RE-wrenches] Whisper 500 service

Nathan Stumpff Nathan at arcticsun-llc.com
Tue Sep 24 15:58:50 PDT 2013

Hi Ross,

Just back from the site and I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

-          Shock absorber appears in good shape other than the blown out polyurethane bushing. I can easily find complete replacements for the whole shock absorber, but haven't found anyone selling just the bushing, you wouldn't have any ideas where one could find that?
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CEB936.9401C6C0]

-          The SOOW cable coming from the brush assembly is cracked in several spots (picture attached.) Any chance for a field repair on this or replacement assembly from somewhere at this point? Or am I better off just sealing it up the best I can? The actual wires appear fine, just the outer layer is damaged.
[cid:image007.jpg at 01CEB936.9401C6C0]

-          The blade edge tape is basically intact except for a couple of inches of hanging flap, which the customer has told me has been that way since the original install. How bad does it have to get before you would worry about it? Any source for replacement?

-          This is a 48V system. Turbine wiring is confirmed correct, battery wiring is correct, but the diversion load is wired differently than in the manual. The diversion load is 4 ea. 0.75 Ohm resistors, looks like 2 x 2 series/parallel. It looks like the original installer removed the factory dump load wiring and installed their own. Do you have or know where I can find a more detailed wiring diagram for the diversion load? The manual is a little vague and doesn't anywhere show the actual diversion load wiring.

Thanks so much Ross, it is really generous of you to answer being off of the SW payroll as it were. If you find yourself in Fairbanks, Alaska anytime, give us a call and we'll show you around and take you out to lunch!

All best,
-Nathan

--
Nathan J. Stumpff
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional #091209-175