[RE-wrenches] advice on testing turbine on tower

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sun Sep 8 20:34:45 PDT 2013

Ron,
Depending on the Clipper version,  there may be a jumper.... One of 3 in
a row in the front of the
Clipper circuit board that, if installed on the right, may be making the
Clipper try to turn on its auxiliary
power supply at a very low voltage when the turbine isn't spinning fast
enough to
get over that hump.   Sometimes that can have a loading down effect on
the turbine
before it has enough ~Ooomph~ to overcome that draw.

Lablelled  J1, J2 and J3  in-between the PWM input connector and that
Batt In connector.
Just remove the jumper and maybe hang it on one of the pins to hold it
or toss it.

If that doesn't help, disconnect the Classic from the Clipper/Turbine to
make sure that is not the problem.

See if that helps.

boB