[RE-wrenches] Relay for 48v Vent Fan

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 8 17:27:09 PDT 2013

Mouser Electronics and Digi-key will also have these relays.

You don't need anywhere near that heavy a relay.  A fan consuming 6 watts at 48 volts equates to only 0.125 amps.  A small relay with contacts rated for 0.5 amp at 48Vdc will be more than adequate.  Get a relay with a coil of 500 ohms to 1K (or even higher) to minimize energy usage.

Dan