[RE-wrenches] bonding metal roofing

Phil Schneider phil at CEsolar.com
Mon Jul 29 15:02:03 PDT 2013

Hello All,

In the past we have bonded metal roofing with approved lay-in lugs and bare
copper installed at the top of a pan underneath the ridge cap.  We have an
installation on a commercial building where the roof is quite long, and the
array is on a "middle" section of the roofing, meaning the pan does not go
all the way to the ridge cap.  I'm interested to hear what grounding
methods you wise Wrenches may suggest for bonding the metal roofing under
this array.

The roof is not standing seam clamp compatible, the structure of the
building is steel, and the roofing is not already considered "bonded" to
the building.

Thanks!
Phil
*