[RE-wrenches] field label makers

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Jul 17 11:05:58 PDT 2013

Chris,

HellermannTyton had a booth at Intersolar last week - they sell all kinds
of pre-made labels and printers through distributors. You might want to
check their stuff out:

http://www.hellermanntyton.us/markets.aspx?id=1750

I believe the big desktop printer is between $1200 and $1800. They also
have a handheld field printer but I don't know what it costs. The benefit
is that you can get label stock with red and reflective backgrounds. I
think both of these options are significantly more expensive than the
P-touch Edge.

We have a Panduit LS8 printer and have been mostly happy with it although
it is slow. The good news is that you can save commonly used labels in it:

http://www.amazon.com/Panduit-LS8EKIT-Hand-Held-Transfer-Accessories/dp/B005T572Y8

-August