[RE-wrenches] Painting rails

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Jul 5 15:42:47 PDT 2013

I concur with both Mike and Richard here:  keep the rails because it
should look better than all silver;
  or if the customer insists, change the rails out, and get tough with
your supplier that duffed the order.
Either way you won't have some nightmare paint peeling in a year call back.
If the customer is reasonable, you probably don't have to do anything;
explain that dark anodized rails actually cost more.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician