[RE-wrenches] Kyocera KC120

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon Jul 1 07:40:46 PDT 2013

Check the dates on the KC-120 module label. If any were manufactured between January 1999 and December 2002, they either have failed or are likely to do so. We have been replacing these modules for over 8 years now. There was a defective solder joint during manufacture.

Kyocera will still replace them under warranty even though they have no legal requirement to do so. I recommend replacing ALL 120's even if some still work. They will ship you remanufactured 120's and pay for return shipping. Contact Kyocera about the procedure.

Larry Crutcher