[RE-wrenches] KAIC Rating

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Fri Jun 14 13:18:36 PDT 2013

I'm looking for information for plan check at LADWP. I'm installing a Solecria 60Kw inverter and feeding into a 90 amp breaker in an existing 800 amp Main Service Stand up section.
The Fault current available at the service connection point is 42,500 KAIC. I need to know the rating of the Solectria Inverter connection point, which is the 3 pole AC Disconnect, which is an Eaton Disc. If I use a Fusible Disc at the inverter and fuse it at 90 amp, then I'll need 4/0 wire between the Breaker at the service panel and the Disc on the inverter, this wire size will allow a lot of the fault current thru, therefore the rating at the Disc. needs to be adequate. I can't find anything in the tech specs for the inverter.

I'm installing 35' of
Max Balchowsky
Design Engineer
SEE Systems
1048 Irvine Ave Suite 217
Newport Beach, Ca. 92660
760-403-6810
"Building a Better Future For The Next Generation"

Preferences
§
1
2