[RE-wrenches] 200 Amp Main Equip for 60A Solar

Jeff Wongstrom jeff.wongstrom at thirstylakesolar.com
Thu Jun 13 13:52:46 PDT 2013

Jeff C.

The labels on the device itself specify 270 amps max which must refer to the meter socket and wiring to the main 200 amp breaker.  The bus bars are listed on the device labels at 225 amps.  I have only seen these numbers on the device itself.

The pass through lugs are on the load side of the 200 amp main.  The 70 amp secondary main breaker is on the meter side of the 200 amp main.

Any of the 8 breaker spaces may carry 70 amps of PV.  (225 x 1.2)-200=70.

The question that I have is, does code allow one of the 8 breaker spaces to carry 70 amps of PV AND the secondary main breaker to carry another 70 amps of PV?

Jeff W.