[RE-wrenches] Solar Bridge AC Modules

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 31 18:18:08 PDT 2013

Update,

I have spoken with several installer references provided by ET and Mage.
 The ET reference had also done some Mage and BenQ installs.  Some
experienced issues with the data logger as described by others here.  Some
have received replacement data logging units as Todd described for early
units deployed.  It seems experience with recent installs has been better,
all modules detected, software upgrades etc.  So SolarBridge must be
working on this issue.

I got a test login to the monitoring system portal from Mage.  I am told
each module vendor re-brands this interface with there logo, but behind the
scenes it is all the same.  I found the portal interface a little less
informative than others I am familiar with (SMA, Solar Edge, Enphase,
Locus, Deck) and a little buggy.  One thing which seemed to be missing was
the ability to configure the portal for email alerts regarding problems at
the site.  Any insights from those who have installed these modules
appreciated.

The installers I spoke with emphasized the the importance of having the
cabling layout planned in advance of the system order so you know exactly
which cables (extension and transition) are required and this does not
become a bottle neck for the install.

Cheers
Carl Adams
SunRock Solar