[RE-wrenches] Power One Microinverters

James Rudolph jamesrudolph99 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:53:24 PDT 2013

Aloha,
We have installed one system so far and it seems to be working and
performing well.
The one thing I have learned is that Aurora micros only have a NEMA 4
rating while all Enphase micros have the NEMA 6. This could be a big
problem down the road perhaps. Also the  wireless data monitoring was a
little tricky to set up and get going and, is only good for 30 devices.
 Our customer had limited roof space so this was the best option for him at
the time.

Mahalo,

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:08 AM, August Goers <august at luminalt.com> wrote:

> Hi Wrenches -
>

> Has anyone tried out the new Power One microinverters?
>

> http://www.power-one.com/renewable-energy/products/solar/string-inverters/panel-products/aurora-micro/series-0
>

> Seems like a similar concept to Enphase M215 as far as the trunk cabling
> goes. However, their monitoring device called "Aurora CDD" communicates
> wirelessly with the microinverters compared to power line communications
> with Enphase. They also seem to be at a higher price point compared to
> Enphase although they are higher wattage at 250 and 300 Watts.
>

> Best,
>

> August
>

> August Goers
>

> Luminalt Energy Corporation
>
> San Francisco, CA 94110
>
> m: 415.559.1525
>
> o: 415.641.4000
>
> august at luminalt.com

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

*
James B Rudolph*
*Heleakala Solar* *
*
*Director of Construction*
*NABCEP Certified PV Installer*
*
*
*
*
*

*Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!               -
William McDonough