[RE-wrenches] Defective modules

John Blittersdorf cvsolar at aol.com
Thu May 30 05:33:02 PDT 2013

Hilton,
   This article just confirms what I have always suspected.  Cost cutting could compromise quality and this also reinforces my business practice to buy American from solid companies.  Obviously the choices are limited and the prices a few cents higher.  This said, I have sold dozens of brands over the years and I have had no warranty issues for the last 17 years.  Worst problem was lack of drainage in the extruded frame of a Sunwize module (made in India) with water retention and  consequential frame distortion when frozen.  My Arco and kyosera modules at over 30 years old are still doing fine.

John Blittersdorf
Central Vermont Solar & Wind

Sent from my iPhone