[RE-wrenches] steel next to the ocean

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue May 21 17:15:24 PDT 2013

Have not.  But I don't believe that any coating would do much but buy us a
wee bit more time under the corrosive salt water spray conditions.

Ray - actually, it's just "degradable" since no biological action was
involved. Made me laugh though.

Marco - have you tried using an anti-rust coating on the steel, such as
POR-15 or Rust Bullet? This stuff is used by people who restore classic cars
to prevent rust from road salt. I wonder if it will work well on electrical
boxes.

Here's a link for Rust Bullet: http://www.rustbullet.com/

Here's a link to a place to get POR-15 and other rust converters and
anti-rust coatings:
http://www.eastwood.com/rust-encapsulator-rust-converter-paint-car-auto-rust
-protection

Just an idea, and it looks like you have the perfect testing grounds

Brian Teitelbaum

AEE Solar