[RE-wrenches] PV-direct electric water heating

Tom Elliot tom at wagonmaker.com
Mon May 13 20:56:30 PDT 2013

I suppose it would be an interesting exercise to do the math but my experience with very cold groundwater input to a gas on-demand heater (Aquastar) showed very efficient fuel usage even with the  cold water input.  It seems that trying to heat a tank of that cold water with PV, especially if they are using water during the day and thus always adding cold water to the tank, would be an exercise in futility and a waste of good PV.

Tom