[RE-wrenches] Dual Channel Inverters

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Tue May 7 09:38:34 PDT 2013

> 7 to 12 kW for residential systems? wow... its hard for me to believe there is not some waste there.

I have found that the home owner's target system price point has stayed the same over the years even as prices have fell. So our systems have just gotten bigger to cover more of their loads.

Also, we have more clients asking to go all-electric heating and cooling, and net-zero PV to get themselves into a pure renewable space. This has made a lot more sense in the last 2 years as PV has out-priced solar hot water as a more economical way to go.

Also, big houses, often have big consumption. And really if they are going near net-zero, we should only commend them.

thanks,

Troy Harvey
Principal Engineer
Heliocentric