[RE-wrenches] seimens QP 20 A 240 V breaker backfeed

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:37:32 PDT 2013

Gary - I'm not sure what the application is, but if you are trying to
convince an AHJ that this breaker is suitable for backfeed (i.e. approved
for current flow in both directions) then you can just point the to the
Code:

*NEC 2011 705.12(D)(5) Suitable for Backfeed. Circuit breakers, if backfed,
shall be suitable for such operation.  See related
ROP<http://code.necplus.org/document.php?id=necss%3A70-2011%3Anecs70-705.12#>
UL<http://code.necplus.org/document.php?id=necss%3A70-2011%3Anecs70-705.12#>
*
* *

*Informational Note: Circuit breakers that are marked “Line” and “Load”
have been evaluated only in the direction marked. Circuit breakers without
“Line” and “Load” have been evaluated in both directions.  *

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™ (ID# 032407-66)

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC****

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>
 <%28202%29%20486-7507>****

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough