[RE-wrenches] Fuse sizing in battery circuits

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Apr 16 11:43:49 PDT 2013

Ray,

Thanks for the note and I see your point about "operating at greater than
50 v". Does anyone else have an opinion on the operating voltage for
batteries? I know that NEC 480.2 defines the nominal battery voltage as 2
volts per cell for lead-acid and I believe I have a code interpretation
book lying around that states that this is what you apply to 250.162 but I
don't have much info other than that.

Best, August