[RE-wrenches] Battery Terminal Connections

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Tue Apr 2 01:46:19 PDT 2013

Hi John,

I believe NOCO produces a product called QuikCote which appears to be
something like Vaseline blended with baking soda. Isn't NoOx the trade
or generic name for the coating properly applied between approved
junctions of copper and aluminum?

In addition to the "magic mystery ingredient" isn't the principle that
if you exclude air (oxygen) from the material, you prevent oxidation
(corrosion)? If that is the case and lacking any of the above commercial
products, would not axle grease or fish oil (reportedly the base
ingredient of WD40) also accomplish the corrosion prevention aspect
better than leaving that desired "clean, bright, and tight" connection
"unprotected".

Thanks also to another list member for the heat gun (hair dryer) tip to
get the coating into all the little crevices.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

-----
No virus found in this message.