[RE-wrenches] P1 micro performance....Terminology

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Mar 22 09:17:22 PDT 2013

Terminology is important. Every day I go through this: Customer comes in the store to see inverters. I show them our sine wave models. They inevitably ask, "are they pure?" Then I have to explain why there is no word "pure" in sine wave inverters and that MSW really means modified square wave. The they ask to see our "solar panels". Argh. Curse those marketing dopes for spreading confusion.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems

On Mar 21, 2013, at 11:07 PM, boB wrote:

On 3/21/2013 9:59 PM, Exeltech wrote:
> Wrenches,
>
> I'm probably a lone voice on this .. and not intending to get overly picky.

No, two lonely voices, Dan.

I associate clipping with audio waveforms which stops
the negative or positive voltage peaks flat.  Also called
flat-topping.

Limiting is like turning down the volume.  The waveform
stays the same and does not distort as it would if it
were being flat topped (and flat bottomed)

Thanks !
boB