[RE-wrenches] P1 micro performance

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Mar 22 07:05:52 PDT 2013

It would be good to quantify the amount of peak
energy that is lost through power limiting. We
have a 2160 Watt array on a 40 degree pitched
roof with a SB 2500HF US inverter. The other day
I watched the meter hover over 2000 W and peak at
2490 W. It was a clear, cold day. It runs in the
STC range and higher many days in the spring.

I have one Enphase customer with a ground mount
with Sharp 224s and Enphase 190s. The inverters
can stay pegged for 4 hours at a time in the spring.

Emacs!

The graph above was from a day with some clouds,
but still power limited much of the day.

It would be good to get a better understanding of
the annual percentage effect. Enphase claims an
overall power increase, even with this effect.
Undersized string inverters are clearly an issue.

Drake